Friday, February 12, 2016

On Valentine's Day

My first high school crush did not exactly have a happy ending. I was twelve years old or something like that and the boy I liked ratted me out to the teacher for writing on my desk that I loved him. Mind you, all of the desks were dirty as hell but I got my name written on the -very literally translated as- “penalty book” nevertheless. And that was the end of it. I decided I hated him and found someone else to stubbornly crush on although there was no response. I had to change schools for that second person to finally come to me -something like two years later- and admit he had always had a crush on me too. Naturally, I was crazy about someone else by then. Story as old as time. But that's the way people are, that's how we behave. And no matter how many times we make the same mistake, we seldom learn from it. Like the fly which bangs on the window glass again and again in an attempt to get out. Isn't that what every single one of us does? No matter how well you know that the dish is damn hot, you are going to burn your tongue tasting it anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment