Tuesday, February 10, 2015

“We'll always have Paris.”

On growing old and on feeling nostalgic.

 

So far, this blog has been about the random, weird or downright insane stuff that children utter. I always go on about how much I love my job because it keeps me entertained and as those who know me well will willingly tell you, I am one of those super annoying people who need to be entertained ALL the time. Problem is, the older I get, the less fascinating my life seems to become. Going out with friends is more scarce -since the majority now have proper jobs, are in serious relationships or have moved to other countries- and I work longer hours as well. Not to mention that I am going to be 26 soon, which means I am getting closer to being 30 and as we all know, it's all downhill from that point on.


So as I'm sitting in my room, wind blowing, it being late and all, my mind wanders back to times long gone. I recall how back in the day, in an enchanting, mysterious city, life consisted of partying hard, meeting new people every week, taking a different road every day and not knowing what awaits in the next corner. We used to walk and not drive. We used to laugh heartily and not smile politely. We used to be in places where we were not supposed to be and drink very cheap wine and read and dance and kiss. We were not “comme-il-faut”, we were not perfectly moral and we may have even broken the law once or twice. But above all, we were ALIVE. Young, excited and thirsty for life. And there is nothing in the world that I miss more than that.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment